Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Orange Marmalade

Episodes: 12
Synopsis: 
Although humans and vampires signed a peace treaty 200 years ago, there is still much misunderstanding and animosity between the two groups of citizens in modern society. Out of fear of discrimination, Baek Ma Ri (Kim Seol Hyun) has been forced to move around a lot and hide her true identity as a vampire. Although she just wants to settle down in a new city and lead a quiet life, her desire to live anonymously is foiled when she catches the attention of Jung Jae Min (Yeo Jin Goo), the most popular boy at her new high school. And when Ma Ri accidentally bites Jae Min’s neck, both their lives will never be the same again… “Orange Marmalade” is a 2015 South Korean drama series directed by Lee Hyung Min. It is based on a webtoon by the same title.

Review: 
This drama is based on a webtoon so I went into it expecting something cheesy and typical. I was so confused when the drama went from modern day corny high school drama to historical weird fantasy-like drama. It was just so bad that I wanted to stop watching it all together. But I continued on and hated it even more. First of all, I did not like our male protagonist's personality. He was just so annoying to me. He was just so dogmatic, so weak, and often irrational. Things could've been so much easier if he wasn't in his "I'm in love so I get to do whatever" mindset. It was ridiculous to me. It also was frustrating that this girl just kept going to him despite being emotionally hurt every time. This is suitable for a younger audience but it is really poorly done for those trying to see something with fantasy elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS~^^